Wednesday, December 03, 2003

 
Happily happy

Lets talk about the subject I am interested in most - happiness. I have often thought about how important a role it plays in life. Well, you might say it really is a stupid question but then if it is really so important, how come may people I know are not happy, nor do they make the effort? (or is it just some of my friends??)
I have gradually adopted a mental state that strives to automatically ignore or discard things that come in the way of happiness. Thats what I believe should be one's goal. Of course I havent mastered it yet but I can happily say that I am doing it more often than before.
All questions are secondary to the question "Are you happy?". Thats what I believe one should come back to time and again and re-evaluate. Until you reach a state where it becomes part of you and you know re-evaluation no longer matters - because you do not know anything but happiness. Some religious or spiritual Hindu philosophers will equate it to the sublime state of Nirvana but I cannot since I do not know what it is. For the time being, I am happy explaining it in thoughts and feelings I am familiar with.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]